Does Our Toronto Business Need A Reliable IT Security Focused IT Company?
Absolutely. With cyber-attacks happening on an almost daily basis, a company’s valuable information is at risk every second they are connected to the internet.
Why Do Businesses Need Cybersecurity Services?
In the last few years, theft of intellectual property has increased by almost 56% according to a survey conducted in 2015.
Business with more than ten employees saw a massive increase in the reports of total data breaches than the previous years, some as high as 66%
So suffice to say, every business with any sensitive information should make use of cybersecurity services to protect their clients and employees valuable information.
What Types Of Services Are Included in Checksum’s Cybersecurity Package?
- Email Encryption – With user-to-user encryption, all email communication can be encrypted – fulfilling all compliance standards.
- Threat Detection – Real-time threat detection adds an extra layer of security monitoring on top of what’s already offered.
- Threat Mitigation – Offers protection from internet threats by proactively guarding against cyber threats and dealing with them as they arise.
- Vulnerability Scanning & Penetration Testing – By using both penetration tests and vulnerability assessments, Checksum can provide detailed picture of the flaws that exist in an information system and the risks associated with those flaws.
- Managed Services – Customers can choose to outsource all IT related services including Cybersecurity, leaving all the responsibility on industry professionals.
What Are The Most Common Types Of Cybersecurity Threats?
- Malware: This is a type of software that is introduced into the internal system by would-be cybercriminals to steal information or cause damage.
- Phishing: The act of obtaining sensitive information like usernames, passwords or credit card details among others by impersonating someone over the internet is called Phishing.
- Viruses: These are the most common types of cybersecurity threats and can be attached to emails, downloaded media or applications and can do a multitude of different things.
- Ransomware: It is a type of malicious software designed to deny access to a computer system or data until a ransom is paid. They typically spread through phishing emails or by unknowingly visiting an infected website.