Does Your Internal IT Department Need Some Help With Routine IT Tasks or High-Level Implementations?
What Exactly is Included in Supplemental IT Support and How Will It Work?
When we say supplemental IT support, we mean that we will be working in tandem with your internal IT department for the planning, implementation, and application of any routine tasks or high-level projects that you decide to undertake.
We can help set up any number of projects that only require one-time support, then we slide back into the background and let your IT department handle it all.
Is the Checksum Team There to Take Over?
Only if you want us to do so for a specific task. The Checksum team’s goal is to leave your systems in better shape than what we found them and help your in-house IT employees look like rock stars. We are no threat to in-house IT staff. We’re just here to help.
What Are Some High-Level Projects We’ve Done in Conjunction with In-House IT Teams?
Our clients are from a wide array of industries. As a result, all of their needs differ significantly as well. But the one thing that doesn’t change is the need for cost-effective and dependable technologies and the IT support needed to set up and run those technologies effectively.
That’s why we’ve had the opportunity to tackle some of the following projects.
- Microsoft Exchange: MS Exchange is an e-mail and calendaring server. It uses a variety of different proprietary protocols such as MAPI, POP3, IMAP, and EAS and in addition is highly versatile. It’s one of the rare software options that support the clustering of multiple nodes. It’s licensed as software as a service (SaaS) for a monthly fee.
- Inbound and Outbound mail and security: These days almost all communication is done via email. These interactions should be highly secure and safe from the threats a business faces on a daily basis from hackers, business competitors, and similar malicious sources.
Checksum can help implement applications and protocols as well as train your internal IT department to be as safe as possible from them.
- MPLS and SD-WAN: Multi-protocol label switching (MPLS) is not a software, but a technique. Its purpose is to increase traffic flows in a WAN (wide area network) by avoiding complex lookups in a routing table. “Software-defined networking in a wide area network” or SD-WAN’s primary function is to simplify the management and operation of your networks.
- Cabling Projects: Many business neglect cable management when they are setting up their networks. If cabling is not implemented properly and maintained, as more nodes and end-points are added severe issues can emerge that impact performance. We help by cleaning-up, rerouting, and updating the required cabling elements.
- Server Deployments: This includes the installation and setup of servers.
- Special Cluster Deployments: Cluster Deployment can be extremely complicated, but is used for load balancing, failover, and scalability.
- Access, Controls & Compliance: Intellectual Property (IP) is often one of the most important assets that a company has. Unfortunately, some employees who have access to IP might have a lax attitude to its security – this is where Checksum fills in the gap.